Jamboree is committed to building innovative, sustainable, “green” communities that are healthy for residents and communities. We continue to develop multiple properties designed to achieve Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) for Homes certification. One property currently under development incorporates the Enterprise Green Communities program to bring improved health, economic and environmental benefits to its residents.
In building healthy communities, Jamboree focuses on several key “green” elements in our pursuit of healthier living environments for residents and communities.
- LEED for Homes design, construction, building strategies and practices that are best-in-class
- Drought tolerant landscaping that incorporates highly efficient irrigation systems
- Appliances, plumbing, solar power that reduce energy consumption and improve efficiency standards
- Transit-oriented design near public transportation, retail and job centers, biking and walking trails
- Amenities that include fitness centers, pools, spa, barbeque areas, community gardens
- Programs and services that promote healthy living
Read more about The Vital Connection: Healthy Communities and Affordable Housing in our white paper.